Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke & The Bookish.
Each week they release a Top Ten Theme and invite everyone to join in and make their own Top Ten List.
Being a bookworm can sometimes be a challenge and comes with it’s fair share of problems. Check out my top ten …
1) Sometimes the book has to come first, and so having to come up with legitimate sounding excuses when I get invited out somewhere and I don’t want to stop reading my book can be a challenge. Yes, I know, it is totally unsocial, but books are my friends too!
2) Even when I am not enjoying a book I can’t stop reading it. I HATE not finishing a book, and this often leads to drawn out reading sessions in which I am missing out on the time to read books that I actually like!
3) I have spent the last year working part time and trying to live off £60 a week, which means no money for books. Life is hard!
4) My TBR list is RIDICULOUS! I often have a look through it and see books on it and remember adding them like a year ago and can’t believe I STILL haven’t read them!
5) Sometimes it makes me really sad when I think of all the books that I am not going to get round to reading in my life. I mean, there could be a totally incredible book out there that I just never get the chance to discover in my lifetime!
6) I keep starting series, and then during the wait for the next book I totally forget about the series until like 2 years later when there are like 3 more books in the series, and then I feel like a total failure!
7) When I start a new book I have to make sure that I have a good 3/4 hours spare because if I am enjoying it, I wont put it down until I have finished it. This is even worse if I start reading a book before bed, because it often means I don’t get to sleep until the early hours of the morning.
8) I keep finding book crafts online that I say that I am going to do, and then I buy a load of old books from the charity shop to use and then I never do the craft and so my shelves are full of old books that I am never going to read that just take up space.
9) I have book series that don’t match. Like book 1 is a paperback and the next two are hard backs. Or they have different covers. It really bugs me and makes me sad but I don’t have the money to fix it!
10) I keep downloading free books onto my kindle and now it is so full I keep forgetting about the books on it that I have paid for and still haven’t read!