It was Rowan’s birthday this month and so as a treat I took him to our favourite tapas restaurant and we order WAY too much food…but it was amazing!
You can keep up with all my images through my Instagram.
1) My Cousins Got Married! – The day that we’ve all been waiting for for what seems like forever! My cousin got married this month and it was such an amazing day. She looked absolutely gorgeous and the weather was beautiful and just everything went perfect. Plus I managed to drag Rowan along with me (his first formal family event!) and even got him up on the dancefloor!
2) Both of my sisters came home – Due to my cousins wedding both of my sisters came home for the weekend and so we were all reunited. One sister only lives 4 hours away but the other one lives all the way in Canada so I hardly see her IRL anymore. It was so nice to spend the time with them and catch up.
3) I made (another) teapot cake – After making a teapot cake for my auntie’s birthday in May I promised myself that I would never make one ever again! (well, maybe not never) But then the lady in work who was organising the Macmillan coffee morning event asked me if I would make a cake as a raffle prize and I just couldn’t say no!
4) I launched my Bookopoly Challenge – If you haven’t seen it yet I recently launched my very own challenge called Bookopoly, and yes you guessed it, it’s based on monopoly. It’s got some great challenges which should really help to get you reading new things as well as taking part in some bookish activities too! You can check out the challenge here.
5) We got some bad news – This month we got some pretty bad news about my grandads health which hasn’t been easy to deal with. The next couple of months are going to be seriously hard for my family, but we are lucky enough that we got the time that so many other people don’t get to prepare for whats about to come, and to spend as much time together as possible whilst we still can.
I’m a massive fan of Ellie Goulding and I feel like every song she releases is just amazing! I love this song, can’t stop singing it and always turn my radio up when it comes on!
You can check all the tunes I have been listening to in my Summer/Fall 2016 Playlist.
Number of Books I Read this Month: 4
You can keep up with what I’m reading here
(click on the book titles to be taken to my reviews)
It’s been a slow month for reading this month what with work getting busy and the personal stuff I’ve had going on. I love Breaking Through, (review to come next week!) which was a great continuation of the Breaking series and had a truly awesome healing romance story line. The Pain Eater was one of two books I read that featured a sexual abuse victim and I have to say that it was my favourite of the two with some very very clever storytelling. The other was Asking For It which was a book that it’s hard to describe. I wouldn’t say that I enjoyed it, but the story and the message are so powerful that it totally blew me away and I would definitely recommend it.
“The sensation wasn’t new, but it had been a long time since she’d experienced it. It was the feeling of connection – the feeling of belonging in the world of the living.“
– The Pain Eater (Beth Goobie)
I do love a ‘healing story’ and this quote stood out for me because it is the point in the book when the character starts to feel that healing and starts to feel like themself again. It’s a quote that gives hope that people can overcome terrible things and find their way again.
I read this book back in August but didn’t actually post the review up until this month. This is probably the shortest book I’ve ever read (and normally I hate short stories!) but I loved it! Such a sweet but powerful story. Well worth the read!
Bookopoly Fall/Winter 2016 – As mentioned above this month I launched my first ever bookish challenge. I am so excited about this challenge which is based on monopoly and features bookish tasks & activities as well as reading tasks!
My Favourite Romance Books of All Time – I am such a fan of romances. Second chance romances, healing romances, epic romances I love them all! (But NOT love-triangle romances!) So I tried to cut it down to just my top ten, which was hard! This list definitely deserves to be checked out!
Recycled Bookmarks – There’s nothing I love more than a bookish craft challenge and this month I wrote a post about some beautiful bookmarks that were made from up-cycling old books. Great for your own use or as a gift!
3) This post by Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner about reading habits and how they change through the seasons. It’s not something I’ve ever really thought about, but I found myself agreeing with everything she said!
1) My Birthday! – I love birthdays, especially my own! Mostly because I love cake, and getting to see all my family. This one is an extra special one because we have my grandad living with us now so he gets to join in the celebrations too.
2) Starting My Masters! – Kinda scary but next month I start my Masters in Creative Writing. I’m really excited but at the same time I have no idea how I’m going to fit everything in as I’m already struggling! Hopefully I’ll figure it out quickly!