Stuck in the middle of a massive storm in the lake district but with some beautiful views and snuggled up on the couch with a bottle of beer and my boyfriend. July was perfect!
You can keep up with all my month’s images through my Instagram.
1) I went to the Lake District – I was so excited for my weekend in the Lake District and although it did rain (a lot) I had such a great and totally chilled out time. We saw some pretty places, took a boat cruise on Lake Windermere, cooked some gorgeous food and I even managed fit in some time to read a book! Will definitely be doing another long weekend in the Lake District at some point.
2) I got my first ever bike – I know what you’re thinking, “I’m sure she’s an adult”, and yes I am. I am a 24 year old who has never had a bike and is not the greatest at riding them. But I decided to be healthy and there was an offer on at my local bike shop, so I thought why not? Now I’ve just got to learn how to ride it!
3) One of My Best Friends Left Work – I work in an office with a great group of people and this month one of them got a fantastic new job (which she totally deserved!) which meant that she has now left the office and boy am I missing her! Thankfully she still works at the same company, just in a different department/building so we can still meet up for lunch but it sucks not having her in the office everyday.
4) I completed my swimming challenge – I am so proud to say that I finally completed my swimming challenge! It took me a few weeks longer then planned due to some illness, but I still managed to complete it by the deadline. 22 whole miles of swimming! Go me!
5) It was fathers day – I and the youngest of three daughters, and unfortunately due to my sisters moving and travelling around the world I was the only one present for fathers day. I had a really nice time with my dad though, and he loved the drone I had bought him (such a big kid!). I may moan about him most of the time, but I really am so lucky to have him in my life.
I have been obsessed with Coldplay’s new album since it was released, but watching them perform live at Glastonbury (on the TV! Unfortunately I wasn’t there) has meant having all of their songs stuck on repeat in my head ever since. Yellow has been one of my all time favourites.
You can check all the tunes I have been listening to in my Spring/Summer 2016 Playlist.
Number of Books I Read this Month: 6
It’s been a bit of a slow few months for reading, but I finally feel like I am getting back into it which is perfect for the summer weather and chilling outside in the sun reading! I’ve only actually read 3 books in May but all of them were amazing, so they all make my list!
The Sin Eaters Daughter (Melinda Salisbury) – I can’t believe it has taken me so long to read this one because it is amazing! Such an amazing world and a great start to the trilogy.
The Sleeping Prince (Melinda Salisbury) – No chance of second book syndrome with this book! An incredible sequel and if possible I loved it even more than the first.
Reasons to Stay Alive (Matt Haig) – A hauntingly honest and powerful book about one mans experience with depression and anxiety. I really opened my eyes and is really worth the read.
“And most of all, books. They were, in and of themselves, reasons to stay alive. Every book written is the product of a human mind in a particular state. Add all the books together and you get the end sum of humanity. Every time I read a great book I felt I was reading a kind of map, a treasure map, and the treasure I was being directed to was in actual fact myself.” – Reasons to Stay Alive
I could have chosen a million quotes from this book for this post, but this one was one of my favourites, hence why it made the cut. I just loved his feelings towards books and felt that they were very much the same as mine, but explained in a way that I would have never thought to do so.
The Sleeping Prince Review
As mentioned above, this book sticks a big middle finger up to second book syndrome and is an incredible sequel to The Sin Eater’s Daughter. I was slight
Things I Want More of in Books – I did my ultimate bookish wishlist of all the things I want authors to write about more. Hopefully some of them saw it and have begun working on my list already!
Bookish Bars – I found out about some amazing bars in London that are also full of books that you ca read whilst you drink. Perfect for when I go to YALC at the end of July!
Harry Potter Phone Charger – It’s been a little while since I did a bookish craft post and I LOVED this HP themed phone charger so much that I had to share it with you all! And you guys loved it!
Comparing (and judging) Harry Potter Covers – I find it crazy that it is nearly a year after I first published this post and it is still one of my most viewed posts! I really enjoyed putting it together and found it so interesting seeing all the different covers
1) This post by Cait @ Paper Fury about what book bloggers actually do. It reminded me of how awesome us book bloggers are, and how underappreciated too!
2) This post by Carlisa @ Confessions of Carlisa about bookish acronyms. Who knew there were so many?! I will definitely be referring to this post in future, I always get so confused by them!
3) This hilarious post by Emily @ Loony Literate about YA Genre swaps. What if Harry Potter was contemporary? What if the Hunger Games was a romance? Such a funny post!
4) This post in reaction to the Orlando shooting in which Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life talks about the importance of books in teaching us empathy and respect for all types of people.
1) YALC! – My third year at YALC and I am so excited! There are some great authors attending this year and I’ve already got my pile of books ready to be signed! Plus it’s 4 whole days in London with one of my besties Sam.
2) My mum is graduating – My mum has been doing a part time Business degree for the past 5 years and she has finally completed and will be graduating in a few weeks and I couldn;t be prouder of her! I remember how nervous she was when she first started and was scared that she would do it. But she did and I am one very proud daughter!
How was June for you?
Chose a category from above and tell me about your month!