The weather has been amazing over the last month so I have been out an exploring at every opportunity. This picture was taken along the canal which is just behind my house and my absolute favourite place to walk!
You can keep up with all my month’s images through my Instagram.
1) My Cousins Hen Do! – My cousin is getting married next month and so August was hen do month. We spent a day at the races (horse racing that is!) and although it was a little bit rainy it was a lot of fun. I won £50 in bets (we’ll ignore the fact that I spent £48!) and managed to last the entire day in my heels which is a massive accomplishment for me!
2) I went to see Romeo & Juliet – I took a day trip to London this month and met up with my friend Sam to go and see Romeo & Juliet on stage. Lily James played Juliet and Richard Maddon was meant to be playing Romeo but ended up injured so couldn’t be there *sob* but it was still such a great adaptation and totally worth the train journey from hell to get there!
3) I went to Chester Zoo – I love going to the zoo so this month I dragged Rowan (the boyf) along and we spent the day exploring. There was a new baby zebra only about 2 weeks old that was SUPER CUTE as well as all the other super cute animals that I just couldn’t get enough of!
4) The Olympics happened – I am in no way a sporty person, the only exercise I do is walk from the couch to the fridge to get more wine, but I absolutely loved watching the Olympics during August. Team GB did absolutely incredible and it’s always so inspiring watching these people achieve such amazing things (whilst I sit on the couch and eat chocolate!). I can’t wait for the Paralympics to start next week!
5) I harvested my onions! – I like to say ‘harvested’ because it makes me feel like a farmer! I decided this year to grow some of my own fruit & vegetables and so far I have had strawberries and elephant garlic. In august I pulled up all my onions and there are tons of them so have been using them in everything I’ve been cooking! Next month the lettuce is coming up!
I cannot get this song out of my head! In the car, in the house, at work…I play it all the time. And every time I play it I can’t help but dance along! It has been the perfect summer tune!
You can check all the tunes I have been listening to in my Summer 2016 Playlist.
Number of Books I Read this Month: 4
You can keep up with what I’m reading here
(click on the book titles to be taken to my reviews)
I haven’t read a massive amount this month but all of the books I have read have been amazing. Ravage was the perfect continuation of the Scarred Souls series full of dark and damaged men and A Beautiful Funeral has me full of emotion as it brought all our favourite Maddox brothers together for a great ending to the Beautiful series. Finally It Ends With Us was total perfection and ripped my heart to pieces inthe best way possible. Hands down my favourite book of the entire year.
“All humans make mistakes. What determines a person’s character aren’t the mistakes we make. It’s how we take those mistakes and turn them into lessons rather than excuses.”
– It Ends With Us (Colleen Hoover)
This book was beautifully heartbreaking and I could have picked a thousand quotes from it, but this one is my favourite and so so true.
A Beautiful Funeral Review
I feel like I have been reading this series for years and years! I really liked that we got the entire Maddox family together in this book for the first time ever. Plus there was emotions and tears and heartbreak! All my favourite things in a book!
Happy Birthday to Broc’s Bookcase! – This month Broc’s Bookcase turned 3 and I am having a BIG GIVEAWAY to celebrate so go check out my post in which I reminisce about the year and enter the giveaway!
Broc’s Bookcase List of Shame – There are some books that have been on my TBR way longer then they should have been. In this post I lay them all out and show all my shame with the books that you won’t be able to believe I still haven’t read yet!
We Have the POWER! – I got a little bit deep this month when I got to thinking about the impact our reviews can have on other peoples opinions of a book. We have so much power, and sometimes that can be a little bit scary!
1) This Post by Happiness is Homemade about how to make your own soap super easily! I’ve been trying to be more crafty recently and this post just made me totally inspired to go out there and do it. I ordered my soap stuff this month and will hopefully be able to make my own in September!
2) This Post by Cait @ Paper Fury which made me laugh hysterically whilst in work and pretending to be working (don’t think they believed me) and is also super true, we have so many under-appreciated skills!
1) My Cousin is getting married! – I feel like we have been waiting for this day forever but it’s finally here and next month my cousin will be getting married. I just can’t wait to share her special day and spend time with all my family. Plus I’m taking Rowan along with me, first big family event he’s attending so that should be fun!
2) Starting My Own Challenge! – Keep your eyes peeled because I am starting my very own challenge in September and I am super excited for you all to see it and hopefully take part! *fingers crossed*