This month I discovered Tiffin, and then I made my own. And now I can’t stop eating it!
You can keep up with all my months images through my Instagram.
1) I started my new job! I spent my first week in a state of “I have no idea what I am doing/what everyone is talking about. Can I please just go back to pulling pints at the bar?!” It was hard, like really hard. But I’m more settled in now, and understand what people are talking about at least half of the time! Plus, pay day tomorrow, and you know what that means … more books!!!
2) I met Gayle Foreman! (and Kelly from Have Book Will Read) I must have been chatting to Kelly online for nearly the full two years I have been blogging and sadly had never had the chance to actually meet up face to face. So getting to meet her this month at the Gayle Foreman event in Liverpool was great. The event was definitely one of a kind, with Gayle interviewing herself in spectacular fashion, and then when getting my books signed we had a great chat about which Hogwarts house we were in. I definitely need to go to more book events in the future!
3) I saw McBusted! It was my second time and they were just as amazing if not even more amazing then the first time. Our seats were so good (7 rows from the stage) so we were sooooo close I could almost touch them! I woke up the next day with no voice and legs which wouldn’t quite work, which is a sure sign of a fantastic night!
4) I met the new boyfriends mum! It’s not something I’ve mentioned yet on here as we have only been together a few weeks and I’ve never really talk all that much about my personal life, but there’s this boy … 🙂 And this month I had to do something totally scary that I have never had to do before: meet the mother! There was a lot of freaking out, I must have changed outfits like 10 times! Turns out I was totally stressing over nothing as she is the nicest person ever, and an amazing cook (seriously, her Lasagne, OH EM GEE!) So happy times all round!
5) It was Mothers Day! It was just me and my mum this mothers day as unfortunately neither of my sisters could get back home. But it was such a nice day just chilling with my mum: we ate yummy food and spent the day watching girly films. It just shows that you don’t need to do anything massive or expensive to have a good day!
This is one of those cheesy songs that I can’t help but dance to and sing along when it comes on the radio. I have been getting some seriously weird looks from other drivers recently.
I’m pretty late catching up with The 100, but this song featured on an episode I just watched and wow was it perfect for the scene, but still I can’t stop listening to it either!
Another soundtrack song that I fell in love with and now cannot stop listening to. I was humming this in work the other day and now everyone in my office constantly has it suck in their heads! Oops!
Such an unusual collaboration, but also such a catchy song.
Since seeing him perform this at The Brit’s I cannot get this song out of my head. Every time I hear it the volume goes up and every has to be totally silent. Well, except for singing, people are totally allowed to sing along!
An oldie, but for some unknown reason I just started singing it one day and could stop, so it made it onto my playlist and every time it comes on I am immediately up and singing along!
Honorable mentions: I Bet My Life – Imagine Dragons / All About You – McBusted / Believe – Mumford and Sons / Kids In The Dark – All Time Low / Come Together – Echosmith
You can check all the tunes I have been listening to this month in my March Playlist.
Sweet Hope – I feel like I have been waiting for this one FOREVER, but as soon as I got the book I was scared to start it because once it was over it meant the entire series was over! It was emotional, but an incredible ending to the series, and after months of secrecy from Tillie Cole (best kept secret ever btw!) I finally got to find out who the mystery man was in this book. Check back on Wednesday for my review as part of the blog tour.
The Winners Curse & The Winners Crime – I can’t believe I waited so long to start this series, but wow was it worth the wait. They were addictive and just so clever and by far one of my favorite fantasy worlds I have ever read. I don’t know how I am going to cope until next year for the final book, especially with THAT ending!
I couldn’t pick between the two!
“She turned to look at him, and he was already looking at her. “I’m going to miss you when I wake up,” she whispered, because she realized that she must have fallen asleep under the sun. Arin was too real for her imagination. He was a dream. “Don’t wake up,” he said.”
– Marie Rutkoski
“He was living breathing poetry. Not love poetry, but the poetry which tears out your heart, rips it to shred, pushes it back into your chest, and makes you question what the hell just obliterated you soul”
– Sweet Hope (I felt like I had to chose this one, because it basically describes how I feel every time I finish a Tillie Cole book!)
I absolutely loved this book and I am so happy that so many people checked out my review and interview with Seth King. It is one of those books that just changes everything once you have finished it. Such beautiful writing.
The Runners Up…
The Winners Curse . The Winners Crime . My Heart & Other Black Holes
The Stupidity of my TBR – My TBR is ridiculous, so I basically moaned about it, and you guys all read it and agreed with me!
Working 9 till 5, What A Way To KILL MY READING – Getting used to my new job and trying to find time for reading has been so hard these past few weeks, but I think I am finally there!
Sunday Funday: Books With A Touch Of Colour – I love it when old posts ge a bit of attention, and this one from last June seems to have been getting rather a lot of it from you guys this month. Maybe everyone is in a colouring mood at the moment?
Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books for People Who Like Books About REAL Characters in REAL situations – I got a bit passionate about this one and felt it was a little deep at times, but I can’t help it. Once you get my chatting books you are stuck with it!
50 Shades of Grey – I thought I’d mention this one first and get it out of the way. I haven’t read the books, because in all honesty they don’t really interest me, but I thought I’d give the film a go. There were parts that I liked, but they were more the rom-com type parts of the film and I felt overall that it wouldn’t be something that I would watch again.
Insurgent – I came out of this one with mixed feelings, I liked it as a film, but as a book adaptation it was kind of disappointing. Check out exactly what I thought in my (no spoiler) Page to Screen Review.
Brick Mansions – I mostly watched this one because it had Paul Walker in it. I can’t lie, it wasn’t the greatest story line, but if you like a good action film then it is perfect. Some really cool stunts and fighting in it!
Walking on Sunshine – This one just made me laugh, like a lot. It’s full of great songs from the 80’s which I couldn’t help but sing along to the entire time! If you are a fan of Mamma Mia, then this one is most definitely one for your to watch.
Easter Eggs – I have probably eaten about 3 years worth of Easter eggs in the past few weeks. It’s so bad, but at the same time it’s just so good! I bought myself some moulds the other day so very excited to have a go at making my own eggs!
Tiffin – A new discovery this month, I am ashamed that I didn’t know such a thing existed! I made my own (see my image of the month) and it was delicious, but now the only problem is how to stop eating it!
Knitting – I used to knit quite a bit, but then lost it, and this month I seem to have picked it up again. There is nothing better then cosying up on the couch to watch a film with a set of knitting needles. I’m currently working on a patchwork blanket, I’m only on square 2, so don’t see it being ready any time soon, but I will get there!
How Much Work Goes Into Book Reviewing? – Jenny does a perfect job at summing up what it is to be a book blogger. And at the same time reminded me just how unorganized I am when it comes to blogging!
Dark Lord Funk – It’s not a blog post but if you are as obsessed with Harry Potter as me then you will love this remix of Uptown Funk!
Chose Less, Do More – I am awful at saying no to people, like really bad. I’ve been trying to hardest this year not to sign up for too much with my blog, and not to say yes to every single review request I get sent, which I can proudly say I have been doing! Say No!!!
Good Question: Why am I not doing that one thing I really want to do? – I spend a stupid amount of time doing things that aren’t what I want to be doing. My to-do list of things that I actually want to achieve in my life is so long, and yet I still find myself wasting time doing other stuff. According to Alex who wrote this post I need to be ridiculous, well that shouldn’t be too hard!
1) Easter – mostly for the chocolate eggs, but also because I just love the holiday. I get a long weekend off work, I get to spend time with my family, and usually if the weather is nice then we go out somewhere. Plus, did I mention the chocolate eggs?
2) My Sister is coming home – My sister, who moved out to Canada last Summer, is coming home for a whole week in April which is going to be amazing, because the last time I saw her was Christmas! So excited to see her, and just spend some girly time with both of my sisters.
3) Reunion with a uni friend – I try to see my friends from university as much as possible, but it can be hard as we a dotted all over the world! But in April I will be going to visit my friend Sam and exploring her little bit of the world (well, the UK) which I am very excited for 🙂
How was March for you?
Chose a category from above and tell me about your month!