I don’t know about you but I love taking part in bookish challenges. They have helped me to broaden my reading and try out so many new things and I wanted to find a way to do this for other people who are maybe a bit stuck in a rut with their own reading. So here it is … Bookopoly!
Why Should You Take Part?
This challenge is specifically designed to get you trying out new things when it comes to your reading life. Whether it’s a new genre, author, topic or a bookish activity that you wouldn’t normally do… give it a go!
For people who aren’t big readers it’s a great way to motivate you to read more and maybe try out something different. For those of you who are a bit more experienced then it’s a great way to show off your bookish awesomeness as you make you way round the board!
The board can look a little intimidating at first, but don’t let it worry you… it’s not a competition. It’s about YOU and YOUR OWN reading experience. And you can still enter the giveaway and have the chance to win a great prize at the end of the challenge, even if you haven’t completed the entire board.
How Does It Work?
- The challenge will take place during the entire year, from 1st January – 31st December 2017.
- Sign ups will be open all year.
- There will be numerous giveaways throughout the year that you can enter dependent on what you have completed so far, plus one final EPIC giveaway in December 2017!
- You don’t have to complete the board in order. If you want to, sure go for it, but it’s not a requirement. If you want to make it more of a challenge then you could even roll a dice to determine which challenge you will complete next!
- If you read more than one book for a specific challenge then you can earn ‘Shelves’ (kind of like houses in Monopoly). If you collect 3 Shelves for any one challenge then you earn yourself a Bookcase! This will give you more chance to win something in the giveaways throughout the year!
Check out the board below (Download links further down the page)
- Sign up and introduce yourself in the comments of this post. If you have done a sign up post on your own blog then make sure to include the link in your comments so other people can check out your Bookopoly progress!
- Download your Bookopoly board! (Link below) There is also a Suggestions Sheet if you are having trouble finding books for any of the tasks and a Progress Sheet for keeping track of what you have read for each task. You could also keep track of what you have read in a Goodreads Shelf.
- READ! READ! READ!
- There are 4 boxes on the board marked with large question marks. These are Chance Challenges and the tasks are a mystery! One Chance will be unveiled in February, May, August and November and you will have just 5 days to complete the task!
- There will be a wrap up post on here in December on which you can share your progress for the challenge and enter the giveaway!
Ok, you are done, get ready to play!