Welcome to Broc’s Bookcase!
Simply put, this is an easy going, totally honest and at times kinda crazy blog about all things bookish! If you want reviews that tell you the real stuff including major rants, fan girl hyperactivity and emotional instability then this is the perfect place for you!
So, whose hiding behind the bookcase?
I’m Hannah, I’m 25 and I am addicted to all things that involve stories (whether that be books, films, TV shows etc). I currently live in the UK, in a very rainy place that is full of fields of both sheep and carrots, but any chance I get I am travelling the world! Most likely, if I’m not immersed in a book you will find me walking my dog Jake, geeking out over cross stitch or catching up with Norman my cactus.
The 5 Most Important Things To Know About Me
1) My phone currently contains nearly 100 selfies of me and my dog, Jake. What can I say, we are an extremely good looking pair!
2) I hate being barefoot, even in the summer when it is baking hot, I always have to be wearing socks. However socks in bed is a BIG no no for me! I’m slightly strange like that.
3) I can’t catch. If you throw something at me, 99% of the time it will land at my feet. I also fail often at holding things, which really didn’t help me during my year of working in a bar. Let’s just say there were A LOT less glasses there when I left then when I started!
4) I am crazy about all things Harry Potter. I own multiple items of HP inspired clothing and my bedroom walls are full of HP quotes and pictures. I spent the majority of my 7 hours at the HP studio tour in London crying out of sheer excitement at every single little thing. Lastly, I totally sat outside my local Waterstones (in the rain) for 9 hours to buy Harry Potter & Deathly Hallows when it was released at midnight. I then stayed up until 7am and read the entire thing. J.K.Rowling is my hero!
5) I cry when I laugh, or smile too much. This also leads to snorting. (I’m such an attractive human).
My Favourite Books…
I like FAT books, or even better I like series. I read WAY too quickly, and can get through an average size book in a few hours. It also doesn’t help that once I pick up a book I will not put it down until it is finished! Asking me to pick my favourite books is a very cruel thing to do, and even now looking at my list I keep thinking of others I want to add to it!
Ok, so first on the list is ALWAYS Harry Potter. There is no beating it EVER! But there are some other books that I think are pretty awesome:
The Lunar Chronicles, The Inheritance Cycle, Noughts and Crosses, The Addicted/Calloway Series, ANYTHING by Colleen Hoover or Tillie Cole, The Winners Trilogy, The Mortal Instruments, Under the Never Sky Trilogy, If I Stay Duology, Rebel of the Sands Trilogy, Red Queen Series, My Heart and Other Black Holes, What I Didn’t Say…
…the list goes on and on and on!
Broc’s Bookcase isn’t just about reviews, I also have some great bookish features including Page to Screen in which I review the movie adaptations of books and Cover Stories when I totally judge books by their covers, and there is also Sunday Funday, a weekly feature which helps to improve the end of the weekend with all sorts of bookish fun!
You can find all my social media links at the top and bottom of this page. Stalk away!